CP Farms hosts its 5th Open Farm Day Aug. 14! It offers a fun, family-friendly, and yummy experience that makes guests aware about a special ingredient they use in the kitchen: Alberta-grown sugar! CP Farms, along with 200 other local farmers, grow sugar beets to produce the only source of 100% Canadian sugar — and it’s a verified sustainable product!
According to Alberta Sugar Beet Growers (ASBG) who sponsor this Open Farm Day event, Canada imports most of its sugar, which often comes from unregulated countries that don’t uphold the same standards. This is the main reason Alberta Sugar Beet Growers proudly grow this crop, and want to show others this fully Canadian product!
- Take this chance to learn all about Alberta sugar!
- Explore the large equipment used for harvest
- Sugar beet tasting from the field
- Learn how our sugar beets are sustainably grown
- Learn how to detect Canadian vs imported sugar
- Enjoy ice cream and cotton candy
- Fun, family-friendly games
- Learn how you can support local farmers by purchasing #ABsugar22 – a verified sustainable product
- Learn about other local food shops that use our sugar