The On-Farm Solar PV Program reopens Wednesday, July 26 12:00 pm (noon). In order to prepare, potential applicants need to gather the information listed below to attached to each application. Any application submitted without this information is incomplete and returned to the applicant.
- Verification of your Distribution Rate Class from your energy retailer;
- A signed copy of your Micro-Generation Agreement offer (“pre-approval”) from the wire owner;
- An electricity bill for one month’s electricity (current within the last 24 months);
- A solar PV quote for the equipment you intend to install.
Key Points regarding the new Program Conditions:
- Retroactive projects will no longer be accepted. If a project has been initiated (ordering or purchasing equipment, equipment delivery, component construction, etc.) prior to the approval of the application, it will NOT be accepted.
- The grant rate has changed to align more closely with the Residential and Commercial solar programs. Grant funding is calculated as follows:
- <100 kW: $0.75/W to maximum 35% eligible cost share
- 100.01 – 150 kW: $0.56/W to maximum 27% eligible cost share
- In order to qualify for the On-Farm Solar PV grant program, an applicant must have an Electrical Distribution Rate Class that is rated as Farm, or equivalent, as of the month of January 2017. Proof of this rate class will be required, and can be found either on your electrical bill or obtained from your electricity retailer.
- If you do not have an Electrical Distribution Rate Class that is rated as Farm, or equivalent, please refer to https://solar.efficiencyalberta.ca/ to determine if you may qualify under other provincial solar programs.
Check out the website for more information: https://www.growingforward.alberta.ca/Programs/index.htm?contentId=ON_FARM_SOLAR_PRG&useSecondary=true